What is Personal Coaching?
Coaching is a process in which you engage a professional coach for support in areas of vital importance to your work and/or life.
In a safe, private and confidential space, your coach uses a guided process in combination with highly tuned listening, questioning and feedback skills to help you explore your challenges and opportunities. Your coach then assists you to clarify the specific actions, tools, techniques and perspectives that will move you to a state of higher well-being, performance and productivity.
Coaching is a process that will accelerate your personal development and the achievement of your specific goals and desires. Your coach is here to support you as you practice and learn new or more focused ways of thinking and behaving.
The approach that will best work for you will depend on your answer to this key question: "what do you truly want?" Coaching sessions range from single one hour sessions to a series of one hour sessions over several months.
Individuals engage in coaching to:
- Develop capacity to 'be' happier and more loving, peaceful and focused in any situation
- Enhance leadership and emotional intelligence skills, competencies and capabilities
- Better manage stress, anxiety and competing demands in work and life
- Communicate with and influence others more effectively even when they do not have formal authority
Organizations use coaching to:
- Develop their human potential
- Support succession planning
- Develop skills in emerging leaders and managers
- Enhance skills among existing leaders and managers
- Create higher performing organizations
“Coaching is not a remedial intervention designed to fix you. Coaching is a transformational process that will, with your desire and willingness, accelerate your personal development by unleashing and expanding the potential that already exists within you.”
– Kelley John Marko